iNode is a data structure in a Unix-style file system which stores the attributes and disk block locations of the object's data. Install and use our iNode monitoring tool and get detailed insights into server activity and health.
This document details how to configure the iNode plugin and the monitoring metrics for providing in-depth visibility into the performance, availability, and usage stats of iNode servers.
inode_total records the total number of iNodes currently available in your system.
Monitor your iNode enabled system and record the total number of iNodes currently in use with
Monitor your iNode enabled system and record the total number of iNodes currently free with
- Ensure Python's "psutil" package is installed to collect performance metrics. Execute the following command to install the package. For more information on how to install "psutil", refer here.
- Our Linux server monitoring agent should be installed in the iNode server.
- While adding a plugin, the plugin name and its folder name should be identical.
pip install psutil
- Download and install the latest version of the Site24x7 Linux agent in the server where you plan to run the plugin. If it is installed successfully, you will see a Linux server monitor in the Site24x7 Control Panel. This confirms that the agent is able to communicate with our data center.
- Download the iNodeMon.py file from our GitHub repository.
sudo wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/site24x7/plugins/master/iNodeMon/iNodeMon.py
- In order to change the monitoring configuration, edit the '#Config Section' in the 'iNodeMon.py' file.
HOST = "localhost"ADMINPORT = "4848"
- Create a folder with the name 'iNodeMon', under Site24x7's Linux agent plugin directory '/opt/site24x7/monagent/plugins/' and place the 'iNodeMon.py' under '/opt/site24x7/monagent/plugins/iNodeMon/'
The agent will automatically execute the plugin within five minutes and send performance data to the Site24x7 data center.
Manually execute the plugin script using the following command and verify its output:
View Data in the Site24x7 Web Client
- Log in to Site24x7 and go to Server > Plugins > Name of Plugin Monitor.
- You will be able to view the performance charts on the various metrics for your iNode server.
Monitoring additional metrics:
- To monitor additional metrics, edit the 'iNodeMon.py' file and add the new metrics that need monitoring.
- Increment the plugin version value in the 'iNodeMon.py' file to view the newly added metrics. For example, change the default plugin version from PLUGIN_VERSION = "1" to "PLUGIN_VERSION = "2".
Feel free to contribute to our existing plugin and come up with suggestions or feedback on our Community.